/ Awards / Piano Competition
4th UAE International Chopin-Beethoven-Debussy Competition – Abu Dhabi 2016
for piano students and amateur pianists
Organized by Ministry of
Culture & Knowledge Development in the UAE under the patronage of H.E.
Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Culture and Knowledge
Development in the UAE, in cooperation with the Embassy of the Republic of
Poland in the UAE and in collaboration with Ministry of Culture and National
Heritage of the Republic of Poland, the Embassy of the Federal Republic of
Germany in the UAE, Goethe-Institut Gulf Region and the Embassy of France in
4th UAE International Chopin Competition for piano students and amateur pianists Abu Dhabi 2016 will be held in National Theatre Abu Dhabi.
- Festival Opening Ceremony
on November 10th 2016 with NSO Symphony Orchestra
- Piano Competition Hearings
11 & 12 November 2016
- Piano Recitals 14-16 November 2016
- Awards Ceremony
November 17th 2016
- Festival Closing Ceremony November 18th 2016 with NSO Symphony Orchestra
:• The Competition is open to piano students and amateur pianists of all nationalities living in the UAE - UAE nationals and resident visa holders.
- • Amateur Declaration – participants, with signature on application form, confirm not holding of any Conservatoire, Music Academy/University Diploma or Graduation Certificate.
- • Updated information and the Application Form are available online
- • Deadline for registration is 25.10.2016. Send filled Application Form to: email@example.com
- • Organization Committee will announce the exact timing for each category after receiving all applications.
- • All candidates will have a chance for rehearsal time at the National Theatre.
- • The possibility of a warm up will be in MOC&KD Piano Center – Culture Center.
- • All audio and video recordings made during the competition are reserved by organizers for the use of their need.
The Competition is divided to 6 Categories by age and years of study.
The age limit is calculated as of 31.12.2016.
1- Category 1 – up to 11 yrs, time limit 6’ – 10’ minutes
2- Category 2 – up to 14 yrs, time limit 7’ – 12’ minutes
3- Category 3 – up to 18 yrs, time limit 8’ – 16’ minutes
4- Category 4 – “Beginners”, max 3 yrs of study, time limit 5’ – 10’
5- Category 5 – “Intermediate”, max 6 yrs of study, time limit 10’ – 25’
6- Category 6 – “Advanced”, time limit 15’ – 30’ minutes
Each candidate must play two or more pieces – original music for Piano Solo or Piano & Orchestra (accompany on 2nd piano).
1. One piece by F.Chopin or L.v.Beethoven or C.Debussy is obligatory for all candidates.
2. The second piece must be in different character or by different composer than the first.
3. Total time of all pieces must be in between the time limits of the relevant category. The jury has the right to stop a performance exceeding the time limit.
4. Playing by memory is not an obligation. An extra person to turn pages is not allowed.
Awards and Certificates will be presented to participants during the Award Ceremony.
• Every participant will receive a certificate and souvenir of participation.
• Prize money for 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize will be awarded by MCKD.
• Special prizes for the best Chopin performance will be awarded by Embassy of the Republic of Poland in the UAE in collaboration with Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Republic of Poland.
• Special prizes for the best Beethoven performance will be awarded by Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany in the UAE and Goethe-Institut Gulf Region
• Special prizes for the best Debussy music performance will be awarded by Embassy of France in the UAE.
• All awards will be decided by the jury. The decision of the jury is final.
• All chosen awarded candidates are obliged to perform at the Winners’ Concert on 17.11.2016
Please fill out the application (click here)
and then re-transmitter via the following e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org