Theater(Plays) Scripts Approval eService
An aesthetic and censorship assessment is conducted to all play scripts to be licensed before they are performed in public
Download PDF file (1.14 MB)
Office Hours / Timings
Sunday to Thursday, 7.30 a.m. - 2.30p.m.
Average Time of Service Completion
5 business days
Concerned Department / Division
Heritage and Arts Department – Theater Division
Target Customer Categories
1.Proclaimed and non-proclaimed theaters in UAE
2.Art production companies whose activities include theatrical performances
3.Foreign theatrical performances subject to the required censorship conditions
AED 500 per play script
ServiceRequestCount - VisualWebPart1
EserviceRating - VisualWebPart1
1. Complete the service’s application form.
2. Submit (5) copies of the script to licensing competent committee and a CD including the play script in Word format.
3. Attach a valid license issued by the National Media Council to the art production company.
4. The license activities must include media permit to present theatrical performances.
5. Attach a waiver of IPRs from the play script writer to the art production company.